Monday, August 7, 2017

oh. hey.

It's been some time since my last post, but don't worry! I've continued to excel in being a painfully stereotypical suburban mom. So much so, in fact, that my stereotypicalities seem to be on steroids (stereo-oids?) -that's right, not only do I still have a thriving collection of yoga pants as obvi expected, now I FUCKING TEACH IT. 


Yes, me, the one who lies about her age, drinks enough wine to offend a Lannister, and occasionally tells her precious children "YOU'RE SUFFOCATING MEEEE" is now coming up on her one year anniversary of quoting the god damn Buddha to a room full of entirely mentally capable adults. It should be illegal.


But I love it. Holy shit, spending eight (plus) years of having an identity solely linked to tiny narcissistic diaper-fillers is often maddening. And before I lose some of you, let it be known that I am grateful to have been a stay at home mom for as long as I have. I get it, I really do- while my husband was onslaught with endlessly frustrating work calls, I got to go braless most of the day. Granted, he did too- but you get the point. I got to experience every first word, step, and milestone and to imply that that's been anything other than magical would be a lie, I mean it. But! There's a lot of time that passes between all the Hallmark moments too. And its not always some dramatic bodily function-themed catastrophe that interrupts the stardust and rainbows. Sometimes it’s just straight up mundane and lonely. Sometimes it felt like my creativity and personality were bit by bit being folded up into the laundry or being obliterated into the garbage disposal alongside untouched dinners. So, now, to be able to balance all of that with something challenging and wonderfully terrifying has made me a better mother and I certainly don't feel so smothered. Not to mention the practice of yoga itself is basically ancient natural Xanax so… that. Oh and I actually have an arsenal of real live adult friends too. It's the best.

In other news, my kids have since lengthened in limb and sass alike and are currently producing more laugh-with-you than laugh-at-you moments which causes me so much joy it borders upon making me violent. My daughter especially. I just have no idea where she got such a charmingly self-deprecating sense of humor. There's literally no one I know that is immediately related to her who is a female and who's name starts with an 'S' and ends with an "ofia" that she reminds me of. I'll be forever stumped.

 Aaaanyway, I've apparently been convinced to start blogging again so stay tuned! Bye!

1 comment: